A car accident in Fairbanks, AK, can be particularly harmful to us due to the icy roads. Icy roads often lead to higher collision speeds and more soft tissue damage.

Things To Understand If You Have Been Involved In A Car Accident in Fairbanks, AK

  • Most Doctors are not trained in the detection of hidden soft tissue injuries.  
  • If you have been in an auto accident, you need a doctor who is trained in the biomechanics of the human body; someone who treats these injuries every day. In addition, x-rays can be taken to find out if there has been any structural damage. In our office, we evaluate auto accident victims and make any appropriate referrals to other health care providers if needed.
  • At Spaulding Chiropractic Clinic, we give you the care  you need, and submit the required medical reports to the insurance company so your rights are protected.If you have been in an auto accident in Fairbanks, AK, there are some important questions you may need answers to:
  • Q: Should I See An Attorney Before I See My Chiropractor?
  • A: It is important to get checked out by the doctor first. That way the findings from your exam will allow you the information you need in order to decide if an attorney is necessary.
  • Q: What If My Car Sustained Only Minor Damage?
  • A: Documented studies done by Charles Carroll, M.D., Paul McAtee, M.D. and Lee Riley, M.D. revealed that: “The amount of damage to the automobile bears little relation to the force applied to the cervical spine (neck) of the occupants.”In other words, the damage to the passengers is not necessarily directly related to the damage to the vehicle.
  • Q: If I Need Treatment For This Injury, Do I Have To Pay For It Myself?
  • A: No. Most car insurance policies have what is called “Med Pay.” This means that medical bills will be paid at 100% up to a certain limit. Using your medical coverage should not raise your premiums.
  • Q: The Insurance Company Has Been Calling Me And Wants To Settle,What Should I Do?
  • A: Do not sign or settle until you have had us evaluate your injury for you. If you settle before your injury is fully resolved, you will be completely on your own and will have to pay out of pocket for your care.
  • Q: I’ve Been To The Hospital And My Medical Doctor, Do I Really Need to See a Chiropractor?
  • A: You need a doctor who focuses in the treatment and diagnosis of auto accident injuries. Usually hospitals will check vital signs, make sure there are no life-threatening conditions and release the patient with pain relief medication. They normally do not treat the underlying improper musculoskeletal biomechanics that can and often do lead to future pain. If your doctor has given you pills, you must understand that pills do not correct structural or soft tissue damage. 
  • Q: Does Your Care Hurt?
  • A:  The care is very gentle and comforting.
  • Q: Is The Care Safe?
    A: Yes. Particularly when compared to the side effects from medication.

If you have been in a car accident and are in any kind of pain, come see our trained chiropractors once you have seen your doctor or any other specialist, again, we will give you the care you need.